Wednesday, May 10, 2017

Sock Snake

OK, so I found this pattern for sock snakes.  When I saw this picture on pinterest I didn't actually look at the pattern on how to make them right away. The differences on how I made it was the way I thought it was going to be done in my head not the actual pattern.  So, what did I do, I did it the way that was in my head, of course. I have a couple tips and instructions on how I did it.  So, now you have two different variations on how to do it.  You're welcome!!

Me and the girls laid out the socks after cutting the toes and heels off except for the heads and tails.  I did not cut the socks open  like in the other directions.
I marked where to cut a slit for the tongue.
Cut the slit.
With the sock inside out I sewed the tongue so that when the sock is right side out so is most of the tongue. Sorry for a blurry pic I did not notice it when I could have taken a new one.
The eyes on and the tongue sticking out.
Next I put socks right sides together and started sewing.
If any of the socks were different sizes I just folded over the bigger one a little so they were the same size when sewn together.  When I needed to fold over I did it on the bottom part of the snake.
My tip when sewing the snake together, is to not sew more than 8-10 socks together before starting to stuff them, I had to get the seam ripper out and take them apart to stuff them.
Those are the tails that are not sewn on yet.  I forgot to leave the sock tail for the pink one with the toe part on, but I still made it work, I will have to add pictures of the tails. I did not like the tails on the original patterns, so I did my own thing with them. I like it better because it looks more snake like.

No comments:

Post a Comment